Provide support to chef(s) and kitchen staff through the routine task of maintaining the kitchen and work areas in a clean, trash free environment.
- Prepares dishes and runs dishwasher as directed, while scrubbing the tracks and deliming the machine on a regular basis.
- Scrapes remaining food left on dishes into the trash.
- Handles dishes with minimal breakage.
- Maintains dishwasher using proper chemicals and at the proper temperature, ensuring that it is operated according to its specifications.
- Maintains floors, ensuring that the areas are clean and free of debris.
- Removes trash and cardboard from kitchen and empties trash containers as often as necessary, into the bed of the company pick up truck and hoses out trash cans on a regular basis.
- Transports trash/cardboard loaded in bed of company pick up to commercial trash container.
- Immediately reports any damage to company truck while being used to transport trash to commercial trash container.
- Maintains an extremely clean kitchen area.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and recommends improvements to supervisor.
- Consistently displays professionalism in dealings with kitchen and wait staff.
- Pitches in to cover shortages within department and has a willingness to assist other areas of the kitchen.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor(s).