Provide support to Executive Chef, First and Second Line Cooks by maintaining the proper amount of prepared foods to be served at meals and special events.
- Adherence to sanitation, Health Department procedures; specifically relating to work areas
- Assists in the preparation of health inspections as directed by manager
- Properly maintains equipment through cleanliness and proper usage of equipment
- Prepares food as directed by Executive Chef in the absence, according to recipe specs, ensuring quality and appearance in the final product
- Ensures that work area is properly cleaned before, during and after food production and work areas are sanitized according to health and safety standards
- Proper hygiene is recognized and used, up to an including washing hands; changing food handling gloves with separation preparation of food items and appropriate attire, i.e. uniform or chef’s coat, is worn. Washing, rinsing and sanitizing equipment and utensils
- Displays and maintains professionalism with department manager, co-workers, residents and staff
- Assisting teammates when all prep work has been completed
- Performing all other duties as assigned by Executive Chef
Supervisory Duties: N/A
The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position:
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience as a line cook
- Ability to use good judgment and to be flexible, adaptable and self motivated.
- Knowledge and practice of safe lifting and back care techniques.
- Knowledge, practice and follow of safety procedures while using knives, slicers, mixers, ovens, cook tops, grills, etc.
- Sensory abilities include feeling, seeing, speaking, hearing, smelling and tasting.
- Ability to comply with shifts in schedules, as needed and/or necessary.
- Ability to attend meetings and in-service presentations, as required.
- Ability to us good judgment and to be flexible, adaptable and self motivated.
- Ability to work with confidential information as outlined in the privacy rules of HIPAA.
- Ability to do routine tasks
- Ability to multi task
- Must be self motivated and high energy individual
- Comply and adhere to Company and Departmental Policies, up to an including scheduled hours and punch in and punch out times.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical manuals and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions from managers, employees, residents and general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, particularly as it relates to conversion of recipes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push, pull, grasp, repetitive motion.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment/Possible Workplace Hazards:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.
- Occasional exposure to hazard of injury from knives, wet floor and slicing machine.
- Frequent exposure to low level noise, heat, steam, cold, slippery floor surfaces.
- Air-borne pathogens.
- Occasional stress and poor lighting.
- Exposure to cleaning agents, detergents and bleach
- Demonstrates proper use of and follows all safety guidelines with equipment.
Communication and Reasoning/Teams Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrates courtesy and pleasant tone of voice, while effectively communicating with employees, residents, resident family members and visitors.
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive and helpful attitude.
- Maintains confidentiality of all work-related concerns.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with co-workers and immediate supervisors.
- Follows chain of command.
- Complies with facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format.
- Performs other duties as assigned and pitches in when shortages occur.