Provide safe, secure and reliable transportation for residents to and from medical appointments; other scheduled appointments; shopping trips and any pre-scheduled, pre-approved and pre-planned activities, while also monitoring incoming traffic while located within the confines of the guardhouse.
- Greets all residents, employees and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, while providing transportation for residents and/or guests and when monitoring traffic while in the confines of the Guardhouse.
- Transports residents in a safe, efficient and relaxed manner.
- Residents are picked up and delivered on time for all appointments.
- Assists residents in and out of van(s).
- Assists residents upon entering / exiting doctor’s offices, pharmacies, stores, etc., particularly when carrying packages.
- Mediates issues with seating arrangements and insures residents are buckled up before departures.
- Observes and reports physical, emotional or behavioral changes in residents to our Health & Wellness Coordinator
- Prepares Incident Reports and Medical Incident Reports in the event incidents/injuries occur while transporting residents
- Maintains and prepares proper documentation for transporting residents to and from scheduled appointments, activity functions, etc.
- Maintains appropriate logs while in the confines of the Guardhouse, particularly as they relate to information from previous shifts, ensuring that information is communicated to next shift
- Interior and exterior of vehicles is maintained and properly cleaned.
- Reports any maintenance issues relating to vehicles, as well as observations of areas around the campus in conjunction with job performance to direct supervisor and/or Building and Grounds Manager
- Delivers meals to residents as needed and/or directed
- Routinely takes proactive measures to enhance the safety and security of residents/staff while in the performance of job responsibilities
- Identifies and reports safety hazards and takes initiative to eliminate or minimize hazard, if able to do so
- Routinely performs surveillance of campus and employee areas and parking lots
- Monitors traffic activity, particularly vehicles entering the property, while in the confines of the Guardhouse
- Has ability to take command of an emergency event or crisis contacting appropriate staff, vendors, etc., while stabilizing situations and disabling alarms when necessary
- Works with EMS team in emergency situations involving residents and/or staff
- Works with law enforcement groups when needed
- Reviews staff memos and communications where applicable
- Pitches in to cover shortages within the department
Londonderry is an EOE