The essential function of this job is to service the dining needs of the residents and their guests.
- Ensure that table is clean, appropriately set with necessary china, utensils, and condiments before residents are seated.
- Displays a professional appearance ensuring that proper uniforms are neat and clean, and apron is freshly laundered and free of stains, name tag is in place and bow tie is worn and necessary supplies such as pen, and meal order tickets/books are in apron and readily available.
- Greet residents and their guests in a professional, expeditious, courteous and gracious manner.
- Inform residents of any food items changes at each meal and respond to questions in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Serves beverages (ice water, iced tea and/or coffee) when residents are seated.
- Takes orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serves meals according to standard dining room policy.
- Anticipates residents needs, up to and including re-heating of food items, refilling drinks, etc.
- Clears used china as courses are consumed/finished.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of any resident complaints.
- Addresses residents “special needs” such as cutting meats before being served or at the table, if appropriate.
- Keeps tables bused and redresses tables in a timely and efficient manner.
- When clearing tables, places food scraps in appropriate trash can and ensures that minimal breakage/damage of china, glassware is exercised; makes sure silverware is placed in cleaning solution for dishwasher.
- Ability to input and operate Dining Services Software program.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Assists teammates in an effort to meet the needs of the residents and create a good atmosphere.